Random images from my flickr stream...

www.flickr.com

14/07/08

Gang of Three Me!

I am never alone... always accompanied by two people who will not leave my side, whatever happens...

They always present me two different perspectives of things when I am confused...

They are

HeartMe

And

MindMe


So I am not just me, but I have two more essential parts of me the HeartMe and the MindMe...

HeartMe is more of an emotional give it anything and will see what happens later kind of a guy...

MindMe, is the calculative one... looks before he leaps, plans makes sure things fall into place...

These two guys don't get along very well with each other... MindMe goes right, and HeartMe goes left...

MindMe says there is pain coming, HeartMe says there is happiness afterwards...

HeartMe says lets do it, MindMe says wait for the right opportunity...

HeartMe says today is the day to live in; MindMe says what about next Thursday?

HeartMe pushes me here, MindMe pushes me there...

And poor me, I being a good friend of both of them has to hear them fight every time we three reach a crossroad... thank God the fights have not been physical so far otherwise I would have been a walking nutcase hitting myself while walking talking standing sitting... what a hilarious situation would that be...

At times the HeartMe is invited to the MindMe's apartment and we take the argument to a logical end...

Other times, we three sit down for a drink in HeartMe's cottage and find happiness for ourselves leaving logic behind....

But most of the time, both of them like to come where I am, and we have a blast together, well mostly intense conversations to be honest, usually the results of these conversations is what others call a balance...

And Life goes on...




Still listening to All I want is you and Tesu...

24 comments:

  1. So very true..
    This is something everyone can relate to..atleast i can...for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. u said it...!! i guess most of us are constantly tossed between the pulls of the heart and mind....the ideal situation is the balance of both but at times its so difficult to take a stand keeping both of them happy........if i have to evaluate myself i would say that the 'heart me' of my inside wins in most of the cases...but yeah it goes without being said that 'just me' and my 'mind me' have to take the consequences - good and bad..! but i guess my loyalty is biased :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder there is no place for anyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. # Chakoli...
    :)

    # Vaishali...
    i am sure everyone has these aspects to their personality :)

    # Jagriti...
    yes we all are...

    hope we all reach the critical balance... AMEN !!!

    # Anony...
    yea... thats why people say, I am so full of myself :) or lets say "me"self !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Full of oneself is not easy....:) so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My HeartMe always wins..even when HeartMe knows MindMe is right!

    very nicely put!

    So how was the first weekend here? Kya kiya?

    ReplyDelete
  7. # Aneri_masi...
    oh... always might not be the best case :) kabhi kabhi mindme ko bhi chance dijiye...

    :) thanks...

    my weekend was ok.. did not do much.. just some home related shopping and relaxed...

    p.s. I am not able to login using my gmail id for some reason... not sure if it has been hacked or something...

    ReplyDelete
  8. nicely written!!..inner skirmishes that u can so easily identify with!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, I know that. its just that HeartMe is a big, strong bully :)

    Do you have any friends there? Just trying to think if I know anyone in that area...let me know, I can ask others around here if you would like some local company?

    ReplyDelete
  10. # Gunjan...
    :) thanks..

    # Kashmira...
    heartme can be won over by sheer logic at times, but the issue is that when you are only flowing with the flow, logic does not apply much anyway...

    friends... none :)

    i don't know anyone around this area... have a few that I know but everyone seems to be too far away from here...

    Local company would be great...I am trying to figure out this country right now :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet post!
    Very few people understand this .. and those who do .. do well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. # Kshitiz...
    :)

    Amen !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. kalesh kya hua ab?

    ReplyDelete
  14. he he he cute post...

    offlate my Heartme is under full control of Mindme :)...am happy with the hierarchy :) for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have them three mes too.. and once we agree on everything, life is bliss.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. # Burf...

    koi kalesh nahin hua... life is good... kisi ne mera gmail account hack kar liye hai bas...

    # Tanu...
    :)

    # Pallavi....
    :) good :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. # FighterJet...

    oh.. um... err... cannot have one favorite... the other one will kill me :)

    I listed to both of them more often than not, however historical data says that MindMe is something that I end up agreeing with more :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. congratulations you are normal :P

    the "me" or the "ego" comes from fears an insecurities of social conditioning that i think u refer to as "mindme", this keeps you the same as every one else

    the heart speaks the language of the soul - if you follow your heart it liberates you...you may not always get what your heart wants but you are liberated nevertheless.

    but to truly listen to the heart you have to quieten the mind! and courage to follow...now there in lies the real challenge....

    from not so anonymous -
    jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. # Jo...

    Thanks for the perspective :) that's a nice way of putting it across, I might however not completely agree to some parts of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. brilliant @ the post :D
    i do wish that ur 3-Me gang always maintains the fine balance that you share among 3-you :)

    sweet @ the songs :)
    i enjoyed 'juno' and 'blue umbrella'
    can u pls mail me 'all i want is u' mp3?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Mayuri...

    and the song is on its way...

    ReplyDelete