helped me be myself even in situations which were kinda tough...
helped me learn about my camera, yes a brand new Canon 400D...
helped me make friends...
helped me understand...
now for some details...
- Delhi - Jhansi : Dakshin Express (Starts from Nizammudin Station @ 2250 hrs; Reaches Jhansi @ 0515 hrs; 830 bucks)
- Jhansi - Khajuraho : Local Bus (Approx time of travel : 6.5 hours with multiple pit stops, major one at Mauranipur; 95 bucks)
- Khajuraho - Panna and back : Gypsy (1500 bucks all inclusive cab rent, entry to the jungle, guide cost etc.)
- Khajuraho - Orchha: Cab (Mahindra Bolero; 3.5 hours; 2000 bucks for the cab)
- Orchha - Jhansi : Auto ( 30 minutes drive 150 bucks)
- Jhansi - Delhi : Shatabdi (Starts from Jhansi @ 1800 hrs; Reaches Delhi @ 2315 hrs; 740 bucks)
- Khajuraho : Hotel Surya ( Two rooms; 5 people; 1800 per night for the two rooms)
- Orchha : Hotel Ganpati ( Two rooms; 5 people; 1400 per night for the two rooms)
- Raja's Swiss Cafe, Near the western group of temples
- The Mediterrineo, in front of Hotel Surya
- The restaurant at the cross road, near the Ram Raja Temple - Highly Recommended
- The tikki shop at the same cross road - Highly Recommended
Not to be missed:
- The light and sound show(1830 hrs in English; and 1930 hrs in Hindi)
- Safari in Panna
- Food at the above mentioned restaurants
- The Bread Pakodas, Chai and Poha from the stalls in the market, in front of the Western Group of Temples' Gate...
- The sunset at the banks of the Betwa River
- Running in front of the bus on the bridge on the river :). Mind you, this is a single lane bridge with no railings :)
- The Chaturbhuj Temple
- Tikkis @ the location mentioned above, this is near the SBI, Orchha
And the pictures from the trip can be checked out here.
Have you been to The compliment club?