Random images from my flickr stream...

www.flickr.com

19/12/06

i... tHaNk... i... ThiNk...

Someone makes you laugh your ass out !!!

does that mean that the person has a great sense of humor? probably yes...

but then the person who is laughing is more important then the person in question actually... if "you" do not appreciate that humor, if the words coming out this guys mouth do not trickle "your" funny bone, this guy is nothing...

I can say this with confidence because I have been complimented and accused of having a certain sense of humor by my friends, or people I know or talk to... the same lines make a few friends laugh and they are kind enough to talk about how i bring smiles into their life, and at the same time, with the same damn lines, i can manage to piss off a certain set of people... not that I try to bring humor at the cost of someone !!! but this is a sincere observation...
i love to make people i care of smile, and at times i manage to do that just fine too... and i also have people who will not just understand what i am talking about... so its a funny mix...

so before i write further... let me thank everyone who manages to find me funny and live with my sense of humor :)

and that brings me to the philosophical angle of this post as well... more often then not we blame/credit someone else for the good or bad that happens to us... and example was the people who find me funny complimenting me for having a great sense of humor and another example is of people who blame others for things that are happening in their life professionally or personally.

I mean what is maturity all about? understand what you want and doing things that you feel is right... and when the result is something that you did not expect, you conveniently put the blame on someone else... and get out of the picture... i see this happening all the time in my office... and have seen loads of incidents similar in nature personally too...

Like i wrote in one of my previous posts as well, only I am absolute, and everything else is relative... I choose if what happens around hurts me, makes me feel good, bad, angry, frustrated, educated, left out, ignored, blamed, honored... most of it happens automatically, but only if i have chosen it that way sometime in the past...

I guess, i live the way i choose to...

do you?

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm....

    I understand what u r trying to say yet find myself at a loss of words...now trust me many friends would say that is something!!!

    Not always is it about the way a person is...it also depends on how much the other person likes you. I know...my temper does not allow me to tolerate many people laughing at my expense yet few of my friends who are obnoxious to some are very dear to me...as in...I cant help but laugh even if they mock me in public!

    Perhaps it is also the perception one has of the perception the other has about one...

    Do I make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and yeah...good write up! It is always a pleasure to read ur insights into human psyche...

    its soo..real. Not bookish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to be frank, this is out of a discussion with one of my friends who finds me funny and gives me all the credit for it... and i was not keen to take it all :)

    even i have not been able to put what i wanted to say in the words i liked... dunno why but i guess the meaning is pretty clear...

    about wat you have written.. i think it makes sense :)

    oh... and thanks for the kind words... me not a bookish person anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haan tu kabi kabi wo indian laughter challenge wali bi karta hai

    ReplyDelete
  5. u need to be on the same mental wavelenght to enjoy or critise a sense of humour...... only if u understant the joke u can say the person is funny or not funnny....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.
    Yes, just as u said..."only I am absolute, and everything else is relative... "

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Agree with you 100% on the diference of perception people have for others. Same thing happens with me, certain people take it sportively and others get offfended.

    But I dont think that its always in your hands to choose what and how you want to feel. things are definately "relative to me" but only because i did not know the future of the things and made the wrong choice, often we accept good things as our own doing and reject the bad ones, blaming them on someone else. this might be the consequence of our own wrong decisions taken in the past, but the final decision to make you feel bad/sad was made by someone else (professionaly/personally).
    e.g. if you cut your hand while chopping an onion, its your fault; but if you make a mistake at work and your boss give you full blast bollocking for it, then its his choice to make you feel bad/sad/humiliated or whatever. even if you say that it didnt bother you, inside yourself you know that it did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm...
    '...only I am absolute, and everything else is relative...' - well said ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even I try to make those people smile abt whom I care.
    And u are so right.People do blame others when something unexpected happens. They never accept that what happened was their fault and they get away with it too. This is what makes me really angry and sometimes, I wonder how these people will get on in life.

    ReplyDelete