Random images from my flickr stream...

www.flickr.com

30/01/08

A POST One Too Many...

बातें हैं, सब साली बातें हैं...

कहते हैं, फिर भूल जाते हैं !!!

Have you seen Johny Gaddar? No? !!!!! You must... one of the finest movies I have seen multiple times in the recent past...

Ok now, mudde ki baat !!!

Friday and Saturday, witnessed an event that I had been working for, for about 3 weeks now... and it turned out just right... with a few minor errors, that I should have taken care of... but never mind... All is well, when it ends well !!! It was a two day workshop for the members of the Process Consulting Group, who are currently in Europe... a total of 25 participants. Had loads of fun with some serious brainstorming.... It felt really good to play an important part in organizing, and participating and getting recognized for what I am... and my team also won a quiz by a considerable margin :D ye !!!




Oh, and you can write a compliment NOW in comments and continue reading the rest of the post :D NOW!!! :D.. hehehehe...

Though the weekend was super tiring, there was a lot of satisfaction that I was carrying with myself... I should confess that I love attention when I know I deserve it, and have worked hard for it... rest of the times, its not important...

And now introduction to something that I am going to call my own for a long time to come... My new Lens, in fact the second of the two I have bought after I came to the UK...

The first one is the Canon 50mm F1.8 Prime... not many people, who know about dSLRs, would need an introduction to this one... This is a must have in your kit, thanks to its lightweight, excellent optics and remarkable picture quality...

The second one that I bought, came after loads of reading... I wanted to stop using my kit lens and step up to a lens which would give me a wider aperture, and better optics... something that I would be able to use as a walk around lens... And I finally zeroed in on the Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG Macro... This is the closed that I could get to the 24-70L Series at one-third of the price of the God of Lenses... Read at least 500 odd reviews and finally bought the lens about 10 days ago... Did not click much during these 10 days except a few experimentals to make sure that I had taken the right call, and this lens did not disappoint... Beautiful colors, nice grip, and pro looks... It comes with its own disadvantages, but I have a feeling I am not going to feel bad about any of them. This lens looks like something I am going to be very very happy about... Already am, to be honest...



What follows are a few pictures from the New Sigma that I have and then some from the Prime... Enjoy !!!







The green line is a Laser Beam that is initiated from the Royal Observatory, Greenwich after dark... This runs above the Prime Meridian of the World...

And now the pictures from the Crazy Canon 50mm Prime...







Let me end the post with another song that I have already for about 3 times while I was writing this post...

देस मेरा रंग रजिया बाबु,
घाट घाट यहाँ घटता जादू

धुल गुबार मे जंतर मंतर
बाहर से भोला गहरा अन्दर
इंडिया Sir ये चीज़ धुरंधर
जेब दलिद्दर दिल है समन्दर

And now is the 5th time I am listening to this one... and I guess its going to repeat for another 5... love the happy mood of the song... For your information, the Song is Des Mera by Indian Ocean and is from the Album Jhini...


27 comments:

  1. wow..kewl results from these lenses..love the prime!!..i better get a dslr soon!!

    loved johny gaddar too!!..n love the wrdings to this song..lemme d/l n listen right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sahi bola Abhishek - Total Qatal fotus...loved the joggger's picture...and almost all others that you clicked. Congrats for the lens..though I don't know much about them....
    ..and the event, well...good effort
    always goes recognized...so good to see your pictures...Ae Om...mere ko bhi kuch sikha de re...:D.
    ....aur mera phir se wahi sawaal...kisne kya keh kar wo kiya nahi? Batao jaldi..usko sort karte hain milke...:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hero...u said u lost weight..dosent look like it :P
    and congrats on ur new lens :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. goood lens...
    nice pics also........yeh sab flickr par kiu nahi dalta ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. bhai sexy sweater
    aur teri tond mast kam lag reli hai :D

    waise tere bhai ne bi aise hi italian cut sweater liya hai - tu aayega tab dihaunga - aur yaar baal katane hai, is baar akele katane padenge, pichli baar ki tarah nahi jaise dono bhaiyo ne dhoni cut kataya tha :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey congrats..on ur achievement and ur new possession too....

    AND...the pictures are awesome, how many times will I say this...i dunno...I AM A BIG BIG FAN of your pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice shots ... congratulations on your achievement and on your new camera


    good am prashant

    ReplyDelete
  8. the fence shot and leave shot is excellent...good tipaani on the lense..congrats...kitne ki mili?

    will use it for reference :)

    oh congrats for being satisfied at the brainstorming session

    keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1.Congrats!
    2.I LOVE the shots from your Crazy Canon. Mazaa aa gaya bahut din baad!
    * Taaliyan! *
    :D
    Song ye kabhi suna ni..sunenge kabhi yaad raha to.
    Cheers!
    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations :)
    * on success of the event
    * on getting new lens
    * and clicking such fab shots...
    * also for putting two of the most binadas bollywood songs ever... i m a fan of indian-ocean :)

    ok, time to give compliments now:
    * ur pics r more powerful now (cant think of a better word)
    * ur camera and new lens rock
    * and u rock, big time :)

    jai ho!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aaha!kya mast pictures hai dost.hey congrats on ur sucessful prsntation!i think main successful spell bhi nahi kar paa rahi right now..i got a looong way to go :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Gunjan...
    thanks for visiting...

    The Prime is nice... very nice actually... I am thinking of getting one more, sometime later though...

    Johny Gaddar was awesome...

    The Des is a beautiful song... do lemme know how you liked it :)

    @ Abhi...
    Khoon karne ke hi to paise leta hoon main :D Sharp shooter :D

    @ ThatWasIt...
    Thank you... don't worry about the lens part... I don't understand 17 of the 20 lines that talked about this lens except the weight, the minimum focussing distance and the filter size :)

    The event well really well... effort to good thaa... result bhi achcha nikla :)

    thanks for the wishes mon... and I am not sure if I have enough to teach... but I can always share what I know...

    wo issue rehne do :) main "sulta" dunga...

    @ ~ME...
    arre i did :D unless the weighing machine was lying :D

    thanks...

    @ Deepak..
    yea bro.. its a good lens... Really like it...

    About the pictures... not sure if they have a story to tell... so at times can't really decide on posting them to flickr...

    you like such pictures, don't you? :)

    @ Anjuli...
    no big achievement that was... but still would be remembered for a while :)

    Keep saying it... I like music.. and this is music to my ears :D

    @ Anto...
    Thank you :) I got a new lens dear... Have the same camera for a li'il more than an year now..

    @ Tanu...
    Thank you hai ji... I really like those pictures too :)

    The lens is really nice... and I got it for £259.. mind you UK is a very expensive place to buy photography equipment from... but I had to... because I wanted to...
    Not sure if you should use a UK Price for a reference...

    and thanks :)

    @ Reeta....
    1. Thanks
    2. Mujhe bhi pasand hai wo stills... crazy hi hai wo lens :)

    *bows*

    Ye song suno.. achcha hai kaafi..

    @ Mayuri...
    Thanks...
    thanks...
    thanks...
    thanks..

    Oye Indian Ocean is not bollywood... lets keep them away from that bunch please... no offence though, but IE is a class apart....

    Thanks for such lovely compliments :D

    Jai Ho... Mangalmay Ho !!!

    @ Elusive...
    thank you very much... glad you liked them :)

    all the best for your long journey... paani wagera chahiye ho to bata dena... :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful pics yet again!!!

    And congrats..I can sure relate to you when you say that it's wonderful to get the appreciation when you've worked really hard on a project..And the rest of the time it doesn't matter..

    Waiting to see some even better pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Kay...
    thank you for the kind words :)

    I hope to keep taking nicey pictures and I hope you keep enjoying the work :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Burf...
    pata nai tera comment kyon nai dikha mereko :(

    sweater achcha hai haan... I bought another one which I like... kabhi uska foto bhi dikhaunga :)

    tond to kam ho gayi hai yaar... shayad weight bhi :)

    Haircut is such a boring thing in the UK... wo maza nai hai yaar... sab kuch sala is country mein bland hai... no spice... no fun... no flair...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures..with such vibrant colours...do u edit them ?or are they the actrual unedited version?

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Fighter Jet...

    None of them is straight from the camera... but I personally don't like a lot of editing on the pictures... so some corrections are done before they are posted !!!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. nm no i meant I will look for something here..I also need to find out if it will go with my DXLSR...but it helps to have a review already by someone who has been using it...

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh ho... bada wala blunder ho gaya...
    sorry hai, aapko bhi aur indian ocean ko bhi :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ Tanu...
    ah... now i understand...

    A couple of sites say that this lens is for about 600bucks in the US... but I have a reason to believe it is cheaper... I shall let you know how it works, so far, I think I am very very happy to replace my kit lens :)

    Do visit fredmiranda for some exhaustive reviews...

    @ Mayuri...
    ji bilkul...

    they are NOT bollywood :D

    mujhe to koi tension nai hai... IE might feel offended :D heheh...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Murari for the good work as well as on having a new addition to your family [the new lens] =P makes all the hard work worth it - doesn't it? :)

    let me quote "I should confess that I love attention when I know I deserve it, and have worked hard for it... rest of the times, its not important..." - hehehe
    C'mon u might as well accept it - tht u love ATTENTION, Mr. Attention Seeker! =P

    Cheers,

    B

    ReplyDelete
  22. The tummy is indicating that you need to get back home. Bahut kam ho gayi hai bread kha kha ke. :P

    Your competitor

    ReplyDelete
  23. # Bindiya...
    thanks Baandri...

    Oh, and I love attention... bloody love it.. ye le... par sabse nai... wo bhi fact hai !!!

    # Anony...
    hai na hai na :D

    aaunga wapas jaldi hi :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey i love the header foto that you got, the newspaper and chai ki pyaali
    and i love the wall-paper finish yu got to the foto..how do u do tat man.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great blog man....just found it by accident, but i like checking it out from time to time...great photos of India!

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ Elusive...
    Thanks...

    I used photoshop to build that image from two different images that I clicked and uploaded it through the "customize template" entry on blogger...

    @ Anony...
    thank you...

    ReplyDelete