Random images from my flickr stream...

www.flickr.com

01/01/08

Insecure somewhere...

So the Devil Wears Prada... well thats what I just learnt in the last hour and a half...

I start in a job...

I like it..

I work hard...

Did I mention I had people I loved and People who loved me?

So back to working hard...

and very hard...

And one day I tell someone that my personal life is hanging by the thread, and what I am told is, "Congratulations, you are doing great at work!!!"

And what next?

Well... the day you think you have lost your personal life, congratulations, its time for a promotion...
So I keep doing great at work...

Oh, yes and there are people I love and people who love me... but then what do I do... work needs attention... I just CAN'T do anything about it... doesn't matter if that attention to work means no attention to the people who now are not getting any time... but I just CAN't Do anything...

so I move on.. they move on...

and one harsh reality and I am back to normal... back to the people I love and people who love are back...

But then, that was the movie... It was a movie that was supposed to end with happiness all around...

I guess I am just insecure about myself, that because I treat work as something that pays my rent and is a necessary evil and having said that I still manage to do pretty well there (God Bless) and put in a lot of soul in it... but at the same time have something else that I have a larger part of my heart in... I might grow up to be an insignificant person for people who today love me and want to stand by me, but will probably move too ahead and away from me while they were working their way higher up the ladder...

I don't want a day in my life when the trade-offs become too big to handle....

Or maybe I should not be watching movies alone :) they make me think..

or maybe I should take a nap... its been almost 24 hours that I have not slept...

Good Morning Life... Good to know you more !!!

18 comments:

  1. he he he..don't watch movie's alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. # You are...
    You really think its watching the movie alone?

    or is it that when I am alone, I am able to think more clearly?

    dunno... waise kal movie dekh kar kaafi dar laga thaa... i felt like that guy some where who is left behind in this movie... dunno why :)

    # Kishley...
    took a nap :) happy ho gaya new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes..dont watch movie alone and kal raath ka abi tak nahi utra kya ???

    on a serious note..Work & personal life balance is something i think all of us have a fight for. If you have got the right balance its almost like getting nirvana :))
    for me i believe in one thing...there are times when work needs serious attention so give it there are times when personal life needs attention give it...when work is hectic people who love will stand by you...well thats how its been for me..

    Have a super 2008, wishing you a happy happy new year

    ~happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm....now i know why you were so eager to leave yesterday.....anyway...thanks for a lovely evening bro....new year could not have been better than this....all kudos to you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. # Happy :)
    kal to sirf 20 ml pi thi...

    yea.. we all have to fight for it.. what makes me sad is the effort that goes in managing the personal life as compared to the professional ones... anyway.. this is more of an individual nature and behavior and cannot be generalised...

    however, however busy we are... the ones who are standing by need to be reassured of your presence.. once in a while.. thats effort yes, and if we don't put our back to our work anytime, we should not put our back to people either !!!

    i guess we all learn it with time... when we are in a better position to see and experience both the aspects...

    like you said...

    balance... important...

    hope you have a balanced year ahead !!

    God bless...


    # Amit...
    arre nai nai bhai... aisa kuch nai hai... this was not the reason why i wanted to leave... Mood thoda ukhad jaata hai at times when things go on at the back of your mind... and you can't do much about them...

    thanks for the laddoos and Geeta... really appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the balance between personal and work life: thats such a tricky thing...
    reflections: there r times when my personal life overshadows my work, and there r time when my work affects my personal life...
    also, there r times when both work and personal seem to be in an equilibrium, but it is disturbed the very next moment...

    so i m still struggling to attain that balance in life :|
    hope it occurs soon to all those need it... including myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey..

    Sure the devil wears Prada..as sure as God is in Gucci..

    we poor Humans have to search for our own designers..something that we look good in..

    wot say???
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, there's sth about watching movies all alone that compels you to think a little differently, rather clearly...things that are tucked away in a corner of sub-conscious start to appear on the surface...in the process you struggle to find answers to the questions which you would have conveniently avoided...

    anyways, let's cut the crap...wish you a very happy 2008. hope you stay cheerful (like the last pic) always :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. # Kay...
    Kurta Jeans works for me alright :D

    whats you style statement?

    # Bhumika...
    sahi kaha aapne :)

    and thanks for the kind wishes :) i will try

    ReplyDelete
  11. anyday... without a question :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. # Reeta...
    For some reason your comment reminded me of a scene from Chupke Chupke ( the one with Dharmendra and Amitabh)

    The one in which Dharmendra tells Keshto that he needs to switch off the lights to think about the Sher he was writing... and Keshto says, Andhere mein galat mat sochiyo :D

    The sher was nice..

    Aaaj Baag mein Khilenga ek Gulab..
    Pila de Pila de Pila De Saaki, ek bottle Julab :D

    lovely movie that was...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe... nice, I can picture it though haven't seen the movie...
    I repeat...sochna bahut achi baat hai :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. # Reeta..

    What are you talking about!!!!!!!!!!!

    you have not seen chupke chupke?

    Its one of the best comedies EVER !!!

    Go watch it sometime...

    ReplyDelete