Random images from my flickr stream...

www.flickr.com

20/08/10

Chai ki Dukaan by Fredcan

Local chai wallah. India

In Fred's words, "A portrait of a chai wallah (tea maker), in his shop, in Haridwar. I took this during my stay in Haridwar for Maha Kumbh mela 2010, last April. This little chai shop had become a shelter for me, when the crowds and the sadhu camp became a bit overwhelming. In a way, it was like spending time, not just in a chai shop, but at the man's home itself, as the tiny shop seemed to tell of the man's life story with photographs and objects displayed in every corner.
He said he had seen many Kumbhs in his life before, and was no longer impressed by the whole thing. Yet, he admitted that for his little business, Kumbh time was the best !
"

I have been followed Fred's work for a few years now, and have not seen a lot of people capture India with such simplicity. I really admire his street work, and am thankful he allowed me to post this photograph on Chai Ki Dukaan.

Please do visit his flickr page here, and his website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment