Random images from my flickr stream...

www.flickr.com

18/03/05

tRiP 2 DiLLi !!!

I have not written for a while... missed out on writing about a "trip to Delhi"... Why calling it a trip to delhi.. well keep reading.. you will know...

I have been in the NCR all my life.. well now close to 26 years... 10th April 2345 hrs would see me complete 26 years in this country, in this city, and I was surprised to find out that I had never visited the Qutab Minar... i have driven down to Agra to see the Agra fort, I have been to the Fateh Pur Sikri.. but how come I missed out on this monument... well.. i never stop surprising myself.. anyway... last saturday, Charu, my cousin came from Assam and was stayin with us for a day before moving on to her Engineering Institute in Longowal, Punjab... I had also asked another cousin of mine Ashu, to come over so that we three could freak out together... and so it happened... we decided to go to the Qutab Minar... I am happy we did that... i just loved it... somehow i feel some peace with broken and old forts and such buildings.. i can spend any amount of time there... why... I have no clue so do not ask me... we took at lot of pictures as well... old stones, broken walls, all the possible shades of brown in those stones and walls, the greenary... everything was making me feel good...I think i will visit all the monuments in Delhi... Humayun's Tomb, Lal Quila, Qutab Minar, Tuglaqabad forts...Bas ek camera kharid loon....
Baki to life is as usual.... same old work... same old office.. sab old people around...

and before i forget i am kinda excited and nervous about meeting this group of people on the 1st of April... some friends from Orkut have taken this initiative of meeting next to next week.. lets see how it goes.. its going to fun... i am hoping it does...

2 comments:

  1. Here from Sugz blog.
    You write quite well!! See you around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss Nupur... Nice Foto...who thought of this?

    ReplyDelete