Random images from my flickr stream...

www.flickr.com

19/10/07

i think that i think i thought

One of my friends wrote a very interesting post sometime back about being alone... and loving it...

I guess I fall into that category of people who have been on their own without really needing anyone around, for a long time time now...

When mom talks about getting married, I ask her why should I get married? and she would tell me, that its good to have someone around you... to come back to.. and my answer, and trust me an honest one, for about 2 years now, was I don't need anyone to come back home to... I am happy this way... i don't have to answer any questions, I live my life one day at a time, with ofcourse some plans to buy the new camera lenses, or how would i manage to get the Pajero I have my eyes on for a very long time... but then this is where and how it has been... a few close friends have also questioned me about this so called full of myself, selfish and insensitive attitude... but then again... i said so what.. this is my life and I decide how i want to live it.. not anyone else...


oh.. and by the way I manage to fix the rear speakers in my car today... the rear speakers had some wires loose... and it took me about an hour to take everything out and then clean the wires up and put everything back in... i mean just the wires... but it is silk smooth again... and the bass tube is back in... i can now reopen the discotheque inside my car :D... oh.. and yes you are welcome for a drive around...

par no smoking and daru inside the car please... its a restricted zone...

ok.. back to what i was talking about... so my life has been revolving around a few things for a few years... work... photography, which i started taking seriously sometime back, my car and parents... thats it... a few friends have been around during all these times when i have not talked to them for weeks at length... or told them about what i have been thinking and whats happening at my side of the phone, or the screen or whatever...

and today i thought... what if i am thinking about only myself when i am needed? what if i don't even figure that out that i should have been around someone who was looking at me... not for anything else but for just being there... what if i loose someone because i needed time off from everything when they should have had my time? scary... not for the whole world, but when it comes to a few ppl i care for...

i guess i am on my way to do a balancing act... from one extreme towards a better ground... and reaching an equilibrium...

oh.. and thanks to the duck in the picture.. who gave me the idea :) she is a darling...




Balancing Act..., originally uploaded by ~OM~ ॐ "FoTo-SoFiCaL" Bhardwaj.

We all gotta balance.... some just find new ways of doing it....

24 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY TRUE..WORD TO WORD.. TILL THE END... it felt as if i was reading my mind...

    I have come to this conclusion that the word 'BALANCING' is the CRUX of living life 200%... good luck with your rest of the journey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm balancing act..we will keep doing that all our lives..and its not something that u have started to do now or decided to do now..you have been doing all this while, just that you didnt coin a name for it..:)

    That guilt of not being there when someone needs u the most is the worst guilt one can face...it feels terrible ill tell you. I just hope you never face soemthing like that :)

    Shine on !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. # bakwaas...
    haan... i am on my way of learning too :)

    # Sharanya...
    may be... maybe not :)

    i guess i know it feels terrible... i hope no one faces something like that...

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is a balancing act! It's just that we decide where we want to do the act. Some do that with a "happy family", others take a "off-the-beaten-track".

    For me, staying happy is the key word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, you thinking about settling down now?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. # BO Hemian...

    True... thanks for dropping by..

    # Kishkey...
    that was an example of how disconnected i have been...

    don't play a "which means" game buddy... this post has not been written for interpretation and is to be taken on the face value of it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been battling on the same grounds past few months.
    Alone is happy.
    My terms, my house, MY Space.

    How long ???? is the question though at the back of my mind
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. # Jaded...
    i know.. i am sure :)

    # Reema...
    hey... good to see you here... yes alone is happy...

    how long.. hope you don't want to be alone soon :) god bless !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm.. okay, i was just pulling ur leg, not interpreting things..
    Everything in life needs balance, its the only way life goes on smoothly :) Nahi to it can only result in disappointments or tears..

    BTW, amazing composition on the header tile..

    ReplyDelete
  10. # tushar...
    yea... i hope this can be managed ;)

    # Kishley...
    i got that.. just that when i wrote back.. i was not being able to take a light hearted comment.. sorry buddy !!!

    thanks about the header title :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arre wah! Kya post hai... mujhe bhi wo link mil sakta hai? Pliss Pliss... Ye to mere ma pa ki bhi kahani hai :D aur answers bhi unhe kuch aise hi milte hain...
    hmmm and balancing act... well I have been avoiding that...But then you never know...cconfusing eh? never mind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. # reeta...
    Kaunsa Link chahiye tumko?

    ghar ghar ki kahani hai ye lagta hai :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. man is a non-depreciating component in life.... no wonder they dont feel the need for anybody to come back to.... especially if one has stayed alone for sometime....

    ReplyDelete
  14. # Aqui...
    i wonder why you make that statement only about men...

    i know of women, you don't need anyone to come back to as well !!! and not one but many of them !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have reasons to support my argument..... not just saying this off the cuff

    ReplyDelete
  16. and that comes from your experiences and/or the experiences you have heard/seen...

    but that does not mean you can generalize this statement !!!

    there is more to the world than anyone of us has seen... so when you want to stress on something.. you might want to add: "in my opinion" or " the way i have seen it"

    ReplyDelete
  17. point taken..... but i cant be completely wrong considering the fact that u donno my supportive arguments as yet..... i agree though that i shudnt generalise

    and here i mention that was in my opinion before u point out another gun at me....

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am not even saying you are wrong... all i am saying is that you cannot generalise it for the entire men community...

    you are right.. i do agree to some extent...

    hehehe... thank your stars.. i am only pointing guns.. not shooting you dead :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. didnt i admit my folly ab bachche ki jaan loge sadist....

    thank god for small mercies....

    agar tumhein ek khoon maaf hota na to tum woh bhi kar chuke hote mera abhi tak kaafi baar....

    and poochna mat tum argument kya hai..... urhhhhhhh.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hehehehe...

    argument to bata de !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. see gals look for money and well settled guys when they look for their prospective mate not that they dont look for looks and other things which mostly are secondry on their priority .... cause they feel its gonna support them always in life even when they are not financially independent.... (again my view)....this is a non-depreciating thing infact it will grow in future (i mean the money part mostly).... however guys look for 'looks' and other things.... which in most gals is a depreciating factor as they grow older.... hence gals find it difficult to settle down latter in their life as they grow old cause the chances become slimmer and its easier for gals to get married at an early age (Though the situation is changing now)....
    hence the need for getting married for gals is more urgent for parents than guys (atleat they will have somebody to get them a glass of water when they are no longer that good looking or frail).... however guys its not a mandate and due to various other reasons like security and all guys dont face the urgency plus the need for emotions and all especially if they have lived alone for sometime.... i hope i make sense.....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Arre I was talking about the link you mentioned in the post :P

    ReplyDelete